UR92 Fascia Panel

A few weeks ago I burned up my Dremel trying to cut a new hole for UR92 panel. (Fortunately Dremel has a 5 year warranty and the Dremel company replaced my Dremel with a new Dremel 4000.) Well I finally finished the hole with a drill, a jigsaw and a file. And today I wried it up and tested it out with my new UT4D throttle. Very Nice!

New Programming Track

I also set up a more permanent programming track installation. I ran Loconet, power and a USB cable to my PR3 and situated on my desktop with a foot of UniTrack. I download the latest version of JMRI and Digitrax SoundLoader. I haven’t used DecoderPro in a couple of years and was pleasantly surprised that it has been updated to DecoderPro3 which has a sleeker interface ad seems easier to use.

Decoder Programming

After installing Digitrax DH165K1a & SFX004 SoundBug decoders in Kato SD40-2 (see video),  I used SoundLoader to load the Digitrax SD40-2 sound file, it’s as easy as pie and only took a few seconds. Then I used DecoderPro 3 to change CV’s in the loco. The loco runs great, but I’m a little annoyed about lighting control. I can’t figure out how to keep both headlights on dim always and only bright when I hit a function key. I’d also like to move the ditch lights to something like function F12, but the Digitrax decoder is limits them to F0-F3. I may remove the Kato light pipes and replace the ditch lights with SMD LEDs, but that’s a project way in the future.

Bookmark and Share

Greg Amer

  2 Responses to “The hole that ate my Dremel”

  1. Never send a Dremel to do the work of a Sawzall!!

 Leave a Reply

(required)

(required)


9 − seven =

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

   
© 2012 Greg Amer
Suffusion theme by Sayontan Sinha